Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy July!! (Week 42)

HI!

 Can you believe that it is already July?!?! What the heck! I can't believe it! The days go so long here but the time is honestly going by so quickly that it just amazes me! Thanks for the emails! It's always good to hear from you all and see how you are doing! haha Sounds like you guys are dying from heat! That sucks! I don't think we are in the 100's much but we have been in the 80's and 90's at times and have that wonderful thing called humidity too, so maybe I am worse off! I hate humidity and there have been some days that I wanted to die! It is supposed to get worse though in july and august! wonderful! At least I am only here for one summer, so that's good with me! Dad- why are you guys going to san francisco and for how long???? I am so jealous! I have wanted to go there and now you are going without me. Lame!
So, I can't even really remember what happened this week because I feel like it is just kind of a blur to me. We had an awesome pday last week with the elders (we won in badminton) and then had a district meeting. I had to give the 5 minute principle before our district leader taught. I was a little nervous about it because I didn't have much time to prepare for it. It was awesome though and the spirit was there very strongly and I think everyone learned something, so I was good with that :)
We talked to one family that are active members on Friday as they fed us and they helped me a lot.  They said that they could tell that in a previous companionship I was struggling. But...they said that they were super impressed by me and how I handled it.  I never focused on that struggle but always tried to help others in anyway. They were just impressed. They said that our companionship now is awesome and that they can just tell that we are amazing and are working together great. They also said that the cards that we wrote to everyone have had a huge impact on so many people!! Bishop has a business and there a lot of people that come in there and talk to him about a letter they got in the mail. They say that they got this letter sent to them and they really needed it and that it helped them so much right then and that they are so appreciative for it, and want to just talk to him about it. That made me just feel so good, because even though I am not finding a ton of people I know that I have helped a lot of people in their time of need, so it was neat!
We had an awesome companionship study on Saturday that strengthened my testimony so much!!! We were at the church and Sister Patchett just didn't really want to study that day and so we decided to just sing hymns for our companionship study to help her feel better. I can't tell you how strong the spirit was that came into that room as we did that!! We started whispering because it was so strong that we didn't want to break through it. After we sang for a while we just talked in whispers and bore our testimonies, which was amazing!! I know even stronger now that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live, and that they were there with us during that time!! I know they live and that they know me and love me because I felt their power and love during that time! It was exactly what we both needed and I am sooo grateful for that experience!! I know this work is true and that I am here for a reason and that the Lord knows me! He isn't just some being...He is my Heavenly Father and He knows me exactly and knows what I need!! I am just so grateful to be serving as a missionary and love this gospel so much!! It gives us so much more and helps everything make sense!
So, it's been a slower week but also an amazing week full of wonderful experiences that have helped me to grow personally and helped our companionship grow stronger too! We are so unified and so many people notice that and comment on it! It will be a bit crazy here this week because of the 4th of July and the Greenbrier Classic Golf Tournament is happening this week here. If you feel so inclined to watch it, you will see my area! haha It should be insane with people and traffic but fun!! I may get to hear Kenny Chesney?! haha I love you all and hope that you are doing well!! Sorry this email doesn't have a lot in it and I hope it makes sense!! Have a wonderful 4th of July!!! I love you!!!!
                                       Love, Sister Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment