Saturday, December 29, 2012

Merry Christmas!!! (week 15)

Dec. 21, 2012  (mid week post)
 
Hi!
Alright so I'm in Dublin safe and sound finally! I will tell you more about how long it took when I call, but it is so cold! Ahhhh! Anyways, Christmas is on Tuesday! We are using our cell phone so we can only call one at a time. So with our schedule I will be calling it looks about 1 pm my time, so I think that's 10 am your time? (Family celebrated Christmas in Oregon.) I know that's pretty early and you'll be doing presents probably, but that's what works for us, so yeah. I am going to call mom's phone first and if that doesn't have the best reception then I can call back on dad's. I hope that time works for you all though. Sorry it's early, but I figured you guys might want to hear from me so you'd make it work! :P I'm so excited to talk to you all. I feel like it's been soooo long! For Sis Tuckett though she hasn't talked to them since she left in May, so that's crazy! We think it's definitely time to talk! ha I'm off to do mormon.org time and then tract in the snow and freezing wind! Yay! I can't wait! Love you all!
Love, Jenna
 
 
Dec. 24, 2012
 
Hello Family!!!
Can you believe that it is Christmas Eve tonight?? Crazy!! Good thing we have pday today! It was good that the 23rd was a sunday, today is pday, and tomorrow we can't really do anything. It's been pretty hard here because everyone is just like come back after the holidays. Well, that makes it hard to do our work so it's been, and is going to be, a long holiday for us with lots of trying to tract and just visiting members. But oh well. It's definitely a different Christmas than I've ever had before! haha But it's definitely a privilege to be out here serving the Lord and representing Him even if it is really hard. He never said it would be easy though and what I'm experiencing is nothing compared to what He went through for each one of us. I am learning so much. I miss Sis Little a lot, but know that I need to be here with Sis Tuckett cause she has already taught me so much and is a great missionary! More on that tomorrow when we get to talk!! This experience has been the most amazing experience ever and something that I will never forget!! Looking back on my decision making process I am soooooo glad that I pushed myself, got out of my comfort zone, and listened to the promptings I received that I needed to go. I know that this is going to affect my life for the better and is teaching me so much about myself! Ahhh! I can't even describe how I am growing in so many different ways. I feel more confident in myself and in what I know. I feel like I just got here, but in reality I'm coming up on 4 months!! Crazy!! Dublin is quite the uh, exotic destination to be. haha There is like nothing here! It is quite a shock coming from Morgantown to here, but that's ok. I need to be here :) But, Dublin is located about half an hour from the quiet little school Kellie likes to talk about named Virginia Tech! It's campus is beautiful!! I don't know what else to talk about right now, so I guess I'll close. It's been quite the eventful week but we're here, we're trying our best, and we're just enjoying being out here spreading what has changed our lives! I hope you all are having a wonderful time together! I loved all the pictures dad! I still can't believe Emry is so big! She is so cute! Also, make a list of things of things you want to know and I will probably cry tomorrow! haha Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and be safe in all that snow!! Spread the Christmas cheer because it can change lives! Talk to you tomorrow!!!!! Love, Sister Jenna Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment