Monday, December 3, 2012

Hi!!! (Week 12)

Hi Family!!!
Wow, this week has been a crazy week and has gone by so quickly!! Dad, thank you for sending all the pictures. I love it! I love the one of kellie's and mom's heads peeping in the picture of the Temple and you just say 'self explanatory!' ha  Mom, our RS was on forgiveness as well and I remember that clip of that man (Chris Williams). So sad but so cool as well. You can send the package before the 19th or send it to the mission office and they can send it straight to me if I get transferred because they have all our addresses. They are getting christmas packages and aren't sending them out yet to missionaries cause they want them to get them right before christmas. ha I'm fine with either one. We haven't had that much time to teach or tract this week, but I'm thinking that will change this week.
 
Also, my new address is 205 Western Avenue Westover, WV 26501.  So our move was quite eventful, but we are out of our apartment and into a wonderful, clean, and NEWER apartment. It was crazy though because this week our motto was pretty much service. We helped the Brumley Family (RC)(Recent Convert) a lot this week because she had the surgery and couldn't bend down, lift things, get up by herself. She was helpless, so we did a lot for her by just spending a lot of last p-day with her to help her move around, getting things for her, and cleaning her house because it was messy. We kind of went OCD on the house and spent a day just cleaning their house. They were both so appreciative and don't even know how to thank us enough. Our ward mission leader was a little skeptical at first about doing that cause he thought we were just going to baby sit, but we never watched the kids and just cleaned. When he saw it and when he heard from the Brumley's of how grateful they were he called us and couldn't say enough good things about us. haha We also helped another family clean their house because they have health problems but are putting their house on the market. So we helped clean their house as well. We both agree that if a ward member is in need we need to do what we can to help them and make their load lighter. We also need to have service hours each week too, so that was good. Then we had to clean our entire apartment for when we moved out and that took a lot of work. We had to pack and just de-junk the entire place. So that was fun. We have reached a new level of physical exhaustion, but at the same time I feel so good inside. Doing cleaning things I hate, for these people was so easy! I was doing anything I could and asking for more because when you see how it makes them feel you want to do more for them. I love serving others and seeing the happiness and joy that simple things can bring them. It was so cool and a great experience. So even though we really didn't tract and teach much at all this week I still know that I made a difference in people's lives. Also, Sister Little was reading an email and said that a lady we were really helping in Covington who was progressing so much bore her testimony yesterday. She talked about healing and specifically thanked both of us because we helped her so much! I feel like I didn't even know her or help her as much as I could, but hearing that made me so happy. Even though I didn't get to hear it or help her more, hearing that I had made an impact on her was awesome. I forget sometimes how small and simple things can help someone so much even when you don't realize it. You're always watched so always strive to live a good life.
 
I had a great experience when we were teaching a member family the 1st discussion for practice. I was reciting the 1st vision and the spirit just hit me like a brick wall. It was so strong when and I was overwhelmed because I finally got so many answers to questions that I had when I was reciting that. Of course I started crying, but it was amazing. I knew that what I was doing was right, what I believed in was true, and that the Book of Mormon is completely true and that the 1st vision did happen. It was so cool. Then it happened again and I knew that I did have importance and worth, and that I was a daughter of God and that I just need to believe in myself because He believes in me! I can't even describe it, but it was so neat. Sis. Little said that she had been praying for a miracle for me to know/realize certain things, and this was not what she or I were expecting at all, but it happened, it was there, and it helped me grow so much! AHHH! I love it! We got two new investigators this week (mom/daughter) and the mom is like a spirit roller or something different like that, so our lesson was interesting, but the daughter was so interested. Sis. Little bore a powerful testimony about the atonement and changing her life and the girl said she felt a little something when she was talking! It will take time I think, but I know we can help them both.
 
Times can get really hard and trying here and can test you in every way, especially when you are with someone 24/7. You have to really talk things out and work through things. Neither of us are perfect and we have to work together and figure it out, but I'm learning. I'm getting more confident in speaking up about what we should do, etc.  Because when we are obedient, then the blessings come. So, it's definitely a challenge, but it's good. I know we can do so much more together and neither of us want to get transferred cause we are finally in a new apartment, and getting to know the ward and area. We just need to tighten up things in our companionship and following the rules. It's like we're married! ha Anyways, I have to write President though but I just want to say that I love you all and miss you! Thank you for being so helpful, insightful, supporting, and praying for me. I can feel your love! Oh, it's rainging outside. Boo! We rode our bikes here and I'm still wet from the sprinkling. Good exercise though. K, Love you!
 
Love, Sister Higgins
 
P.S. Kellie, thanks for the letter. A dvd of the videos would be better for me. I was going to say something else but I forgot. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment