Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hello!!! (Week 13)

Hi, hi!!

So first, lindsey- why are your children so adorable??? It's not even funny!! They are so cute! Thanks for the pictures! Also, I'm glad I'm doing something for you all and helping you get jobs and all that good stuff! Congrats mom and kellie! That's so exciting! Last week I got the dreaded flu that has been spreading like wildfire around Mo-town so we were out of commission for a few days. We watched all of our church videos we had, played lots of games, did puzzles, wrote, and studied. I feel like this transfer has been crazy because there has been one set back after another. I'm convinced that there are a lot of people here who need to hear us and we are getting so close to them, so Satan has to take us out in every way we can be taken out. We are persevering though and are going to get through all this! If the Lord amps it up so does Satan. Anyways, people have been telling us that it gets cold here cause it's way the heck up here and we were just like oh ok. No, no, no...we almost turned into icicle pops last night and it was snowing! It was crazy! We will have to change our game plan and dress a lot warmer. ha Mom- thank you so much for all the news from facebook! I love hearing about what everyone is doing! It helps me know what all is happening! I decided too that I actually would like another of the same journal as I currently have. I can't find any good journals here and I think it would be neat to have the same one. I didn't think you would have a package on the way yet, but if possible could you please send me that journal when you get back? I have a bout 12 pages left so I should make it! I decided for this journal I would like either the pink or purple one. Whichever is cuter :) Also, did i ever get a daughters in my kingdom book? I don't think I did and if possible I would love to read it. And, kellie or anyone could I get some family pictures to hang up? Sorry, I just remember things at random times and should have told you this stuff earlier. Thanks though!
 
Specialized training was good yesterday and I learned so much! It's amazing how much you can learn there and apply to yourself. President taught as well as the assistants and zone leaders, and they all were amazing! They also taught us about being a trainer because so many of us will have to train in the coming year (mostly it will be up to us sisters though.) We will be getting 60 new sisters by the end of next year pushing our number of 18 sisters up to about 80! How crazy!! It is going to be awesome, but a big responsibility! I'm excited though and actually am pretty calm about it. Last transfer was so funny. I thought I was going to have to train so I was freaking out. Sister Little always teases me now because of that. But I just feel so much better about what I'm doing out here that I'm ok with it. Transfers are next week (19th) so we'll see what happens. There are no sisters coming in so I won't be training this transfer. The next one is Feb. 1. So now the question is if we get to stay together one more transfer or if someone else needs me. Right now we are really both hoping that neither of us get transferred. It's amazing what the Christlike attributes can do and how it can strengthen the relationships that you have. We have grown close and don't want to be split up yet, because we finally are getting to know the area and ward, and we have a great relationship with each other now. I still give her reasons to pick on me though because I say things I don't mean to or I'm just a clutz. For example, we were out tracting saturday in the pouring rain (if you haven't tried it you should because it is oh so much fun) and we had to go up a flight of stairs to get to some doors. No one answered so we were heading back down. I was going first, but when the stairs are rubber and the bottom of your boots are rubber too and it's wet then it makes for some fun to happen. I went to take a step and my foot completely lost its footing and I slid/fell down like 7 stairs! I was trying to stop myself with my hand so my thumb is all battle scarred now, but my thigh was the thing that caught me before I plowed the wall. It hurts so bad now! But, oh my goodness it was so funny! Sis. Little was trying to see if I was ok in between all of her laughs, and I was just sitting there in shock but was laughing! So I make for a good show, but it was so funny!
 
Um, let's see, basically missionary work is amazing! I am learning so much and can tell that I am changing so much for the better! It's so neat to see things in myself start to improve and become perfected because I'm focusing on the gospel and helping others. When I do that you forget about yourself and serve them, and that in turn changes you! I love this work! This was the best decision for me because it changes you in ways that you didn't know you could change. I feel more happy (shocking I know, cause I was already so happy!), and I feel like I know myself better. I'm not saying I'm perfect but I'm growing and seeing just how much I can take and handle, and how much good I actually am giving to people. Everyone loves me! :P I don't want to get transferred yet because I don't feel like I'm done here yet or with Sis. Little yet. We'll see though. We will find out saturday night. As for christmas and calling, when is good for you? If I get to stay here we will be at a family's and I think the early afternoon may be better or just whenever. If I get transferred then I have no clue until later. I guess we'll keep in touch. I haven't seen a package here yet but will look out for one. I'm so excited to talk to you all!! I hope you guys are all doing well and that you are staying healthy and safe. I love you and miss you! I'm doing well though and am loving it here!! Tomorrow will be three months! Crazy!!!
 
Lots of love, Sister Higgins!

No comments:

Post a Comment