Monday, September 16, 2013

Hello! (Week 53)

Well hello there family!!
 This email may not be the longest because we don't have a lot of time today and I am not feeling well at all, so I'm sorry for the short email. I can't believe that I have been out for over a year already! That is nuts! Time is flying by so fast, and I have less than five months left!! Weird! I have a feeling that these 3 1/2 transfers that I have left are going to go by fast! So, first off, Congratulations Kellie and Steve!! Woot!! I am soooo excited for you all and for the wedding!! What a wonderful time!! The ring is so pretty and I loved how he proposed! Cute story and cute couple!! I am sad that I am missing out on all the action and the planning, so you all will just have to keep me in the loop so I know somewhat about what is going on!! Thanks! Dad- great job with saying that Oregon State would beat Utah! You made me so proud!! Please send me that snail mail letter about those ideas and everything! It's true- with so many missionaries coming out the members really need to step it up and help us with this work because we can't do it alone. It isn't just a work of the missionaries. It's the work of salvation where each one of us, members and missionaries, have to play a part to have things happen. Mom- If you have time I would love some fruit leathers. Thanks! I am so jealous that you did the dirty dash! I have wanted to do that race for a while!!! I'm glad that you had a good time with it!! :) Next year for me!!
 So, basically nothing to exciting happened this week. I was feeling really good about this week and was excited for it because our mission is pushing for greater faith and trying to convert more people. I was excited for what our week had in store. We did exchanges on monday night and I was excited for them because the sister I was with had just come out and had a ton of fire about everything so she pumped me up. Tuesday I woke up and we had some wonderful studies together where I learned sooo much! It was wonderful! We headed out and worked throughout the day, but all of a sudden I got a massive headache. Sister Maddox gave me a pill and I felt somewhat better but still had a really bad headache and couldn't really put my thoughts together. We then had to head straight over to a lesson with an investigator and it was one of the most amazing lessons that I have had out here. The spirit there was so strong! It was amazing because even though my head was pounding and I couldn't think the Lord was right there with me. I was so bold in that lesson and was saying things that I didn't think I would say and was bearing fervent testimony of what I KNOW to be true! It was super cool, because when we are down and at our weakest and humblest the Lord will help us. He knew that we needed that lesson and He helped me through it and helped me to be an instrument in His hands. It was so neat!
 Other than that, this week has not been that great. It seemed that everything was falling through and working against us. Investigators weren't interested anymore, we didn't get any referrals, didn't find anyone new, and we were both sick the entire week. It was so bad on Saturday and Sunday that after a few hours out on Saturday, and some very rude people, we went in. Sunday we missed church because it was so bad. The members are watching out for us though and are helping us in anyway. We felt like recluses in our apartment yesterday because it was dark and we were in our sweats when people dropped by. It was a good chance to watch some church movies though. If you haven't seen 17 Miracles watch it! It always makes me cry and as we were watching it I actually got a ton of answers that I was seeking. Blessing in disguise! So, yeah, that's about where we are right now! I know the Lord is watching out for us though and will get us through! I love you all and am praying for you!! Have a wonderful week!! And, from personal experience, please don't get sick...it's not fun!! ha
                                          Love, Sister Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment