Monday, November 12, 2012

Say What?!? (Week 9)

Family!!!!!
 
Ahhhh, hi!! It was good to read emails today! I think seeing Brandi and Tammy (cousins) made me really want to hear from you guys! But it was so good seeing them and talking to them! I was a little worried cause I didn't know if it would be awkward or what, but it was really fun.  Tammy said that a few days before some Jehovah Witnesses came to her door and she decided to be extra nice and talk to them cause she knew that I do that. So maybe I'm helping in some way :)  It was really fun to see them though and they gave socks and candles to both of us, and a hat and scarf to me! So nice! Brandi pretty much covers the whole mission (with her work travels) so she wants to see me again and was like maybe I can bring Aunt Barbie and I can bring you treats. haha
 
Um, I have a lot to say so I'm just going to say lots of random stuff. A member gave us their old treadmill so now we have one! Did a lady named Cheryl Gibson tag me in facebook pictures? We raked leaves for them Saturday and she had pictures that she was going to tag us in on facebook. If she didn't tag me then maybe she requested to be my friend first? I don't know. People may ask to be my friend so just accept it and then I'll look at it when I get home I guess. So yes, we do service mom :) We had huge piles of leaves and did a running jump into it which may not have been the smartest thing, but we don't have any bruises so we're ok! Dad, or someone, just let me know where to call for Christmas (since you may be traveling) . It's weird not being there. We set up someone's Christmas decorations and it made me miss being at home at this time of year :(  Sounds like you guys had a busy day at the polls. Last week our district went to Lewisburg which is close to white sulphur, and talked with our district and zone leaders, then had lunch and went bowling. It was fun! We played skittles bowling and on my lane I won!! One elder who is really competitive was not happy that I beat him in both games! ha! I had to recite D & C 4 at zone conference and only messed up once so that was exciting! I joined the ward choir yesterday even though I can't sing, but the song we're singing is really pretty! :)
 
Um, let's see there are lots of happenings this week! First off, I killed a squirrel!! It was so sad, but technically it was his fault. He's the one that ran into the road and then kept going. We've now each killed one.
 
Did you know that China is opening up in the next few months for missionaries!!!! AHHHH! So exciting! A lot of the missionaries in Taiwain will be going over to China. And a lot of kids getting their calls are going to be serving three year missions!!! Isn't that crazy!? A girl that lives here but is in Utah at school right now said he got his with the date that he was leaving in march and a number to call to see where he was going. He called church headquarters and said his name, then got transferred and the next person to answer was President Monson (our prophet)! He wanted to tell him personally that they were a extending a three year call to him. The first year in Taiwain and the next 2 in China! Crazy! The work is moving forward.
 
We had just finished choir practice yeasterday when this guy just felt really sick and couldn't walk and was like falling to the ground. He finally said we could call the ambulance, so we were all just in the church hallway waiting for the ambulance to come. And oh my goodness, they have the slowest response time ever! It took so long, and then they had 5 people jump out of the ambulance. It was a good thing they got there when they did because as they were putting him on the stretcher he passed out. I guess his heart is missing beats and is under alot of stress, but he's out of the hospital now! It was crazy though! His bp was 160/110 and oxygen was 97 if you wanted to know!
 
Also, please don't send anything to me this week because I won't get it because...I'm getting transferred! hahaha! Oh my! We got a text on Saturday night saying we were both staying and we were both excited. Then this morning we got a call from President Pitt wanting to talk to each one of us personally, and then he explained that they were doubling out, so both of us are getting transferred. Um...what? ha  It's crazy!  President Pitt was like I know you have a lot of things change here, and so I'm throwing another change at you. ah Thanks President! So, we have to pack everything and clean the whole apartment today and tomorrow, cause we are now going to transfers on Wednesday in Charleston. We don't know where we're going or if we'll be together cause it's a transfer that they didn't know would happen. Since they have to double us out and double some in it might be harder to keep us together, but who knows. Needless to say we've had a crazy morning so far! So, just don't send anything to me yet, and be ready to change my address so nothing comes here that is meant for me.  Everyone thought we were staying and now we're just packing up and being like see ya. It's sad and I'm nervous and stressed again. I still think I have a lot to learn from Sister Little and don't want to be split up. But I know the Lord knows what I need and will put us where we need to go, but just pray for us! :) Yeah, so that's the news that I have for today! haha Nothing too exciting or anything like that. I just hope that I'm put somewhere that I like and that I can help the people there. I'm actually really sad to be leaving here because I was really learning to love it a lot here because there are so many people that I really love. It's sad to say goodbye to them. It's weird too, cause I just feel that I'm not supposed to be leaving here. I feel like I still have work to do and people to help serve. So who knows what will happen. Only the Lord knows that and so I just have to trust that everything will work out! So, farewell from Covington and next week I will be somewhere else with maybe a new companion. I hope that you all are doing great and keeping busy, healthy, and safe! I love you all and miss you!!!
 
Love, Jenna




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment