Saturday, September 22, 2012

I'm an MTC Veteran! (Week 1)

Hello ya'll!!

The time limit at the top of the screen is really making me stressed! ha So, life here at the MTC is good, exhausting, awesome, and hard! It was such a struggle to get out of bed today! My tiredness is catching up to me, but it's amazing how tired you can be in the morning but throughout the day you don't realize that you're tired until you get back to the residence hall at 9:30! I love it here and am learning so much! My hand hurts from writing so much, but I feel like I have to write everything down because it's all so important and good! My teachers are amazing and really care about us! Their lessons are amazing! We have to teach them as investigators and those lessons stress me out so much because I feel like they make it so hard for us. The past few lessons have been better with my comp, but still not how I want them to be. I'm getting more bold and just saying what I want to say, so she won't just talk the entire time! It's really frustrating having her as my companion, but I can see things that I'm learning because she's my companion even though it's so hard. We lost her today at the temple when we were coming out because she just walked off. We couldn't find her for like 10 minutes and we were all stressing out because she just disappeared without saying anything to us. Things like that just make us all frustrated and annoyed. Oh well though! 


Mom, thank you so much for the package. When I got it everyone around me was like "are you kidding me! What?" Pretty much everyone loves me, and thinks I'm the best sister ever! They love the peaches and say if you want to send some every day then you can!! And they are excited for pears too! haha Thank you so much!! Also, thank you for the notecards! I love them! You can just send more if you want. I am getting mail like every day from different people. It makes me feel so loved! Keep it coming! :) I got a letter from the Coats today, and she sent some of those pictures that you sent as well. I hope all of you are doing well!

Oh, I got my travel info today even though we don't leave til the 2nd. And guess what... I get the privilege of having to be at the travel office at 3:00 in the morning!!! Yay me!! Ugh. We were annoyed at that. The part of our district that is going to TN is making fun of us cause they don't leave til 4 am. I forgot my paper in the room but my flight out of SLC is at like 6:35 and we get into Chicago O'hare at like 10:45ish. Then we leave there around 1:15ish and get into Charleston at like 4:30 or something like that. I can get a calling card at the bookstore so I can call you, but it will be an early morning for you guys though. Not sure when I can call, but I think when we get to SLC. I'll let you know next week.

Oh, P-day is on Saturday next week I think. The bookstore is actually really good. They have lots of school supplies, food, clothes, medicine, and just random stuff. The cafeteria is getting interesting with their food, so it's been a challenge but it's alright. They have a few exotic fruits a few times like grapes, strawberries, and kiwis. The kiwis tickle my tongue! :p They don't have a real salad bar and stuff. They just make salads for you. It's amazing what some of the elders can eat here! Yesterday, a scrawny kid had 6 glasses of milk, 9 hard boiled eggs, and 2 huge bowls of cereal!

I've seen so many people here that I know. It's a little bit like home! I saw Mrs. Crowther and lots of friends from BYU. Some people I didn't even know were serving until I saw them on Wed when they came in! Oh, I saw Natalie Van Horn today when I was working out this morning. She was cleaning the stairs with her comp. She seemed good and I wasn't sure if she recognized me at first, but then she remembered.

Sorry I'm all over the place but I'm just kind of typing as I think of things. Last sunday was amazing! Sherri Dew talked to us in relief society and another guy in charge of proselyting here gave the fireside and it seriously blew my mind. We had Pres. Kollick (spelling) on tuesday for devotional which was equally amazing! They really know how to bear powerful testimonies and teach you what you need to know! I think my teaching is getting better. It's hard teaching your teachers and investigators in the TRC (teaching center place.) I think I'm more nervous to teach my teachers because I know them and they know what I'm capable of. On monday, we taught a less active couple with their VT there and it was awesome. We came in not knowing anything about them but it turned out great. I was worried for it, but the spirit was really strong there. Things kept coming to my mind and I would just say it. I was explaining a story to them and the lady was just like you had to mention that and she started crying because it touched her so much! At the end before we could commit them to anything, the husband was like 'let's go back to church.' It was awesome! Small and simple things really do make the difference! You don't have to have mighty miracles come out of nowhere to believe that it's true because usually that doesn't happen. Really sincerely pray with real intent and you will receive an answer, I can promise you that! It may not be what you want or the timing you want, but He will answer you! He's listening to your prayers. Read the Book of Mormon, and learn to love everyone!

My district is freaking amazing! We still have those 19 year old immaturities, but it's amazing how these elders step up to what they are called to do. They are so funny and I love them so much! They pretty much all secretly love me I think! haha I'm thinking I've probably gone over a half an hour so I've got to go. I hope this letter finds you well and that you understand everything I wrote! Just know that I am doing great and learning/growing so much! It's hard but so worth it! I miss you and love you all so much!!!!!! Love you lots!!
                  

Love, Sister Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment