Sunday, September 30, 2012

I'm Dreaming of West Virginia! (Week 2)

Hello!
I have so much to write and answer so hopefully I can get it all down in time! It's so weird to think that in just a few days I will be there in WV and teaching real people! Ahhh! No pressure or anything! And, I'm not really dreaming of WV because I sleep too hard because I'm so tired! I haven't remembered any of my dreams here. It's getting harder and harder to wake up because you're so exhausted and you just want to sleep. But we just have to roll out of bed and start going because eventually you won't realize how tired you are. I'm on the top bunk, so having to climb down the ladder and jump off it wakes me up too! I'm not excited to get up at 3 am though but oh well that's life. Why not add to the sleep deprivation! haha Dad, my flight numbers for united are 3450 and 6188 so you can track it! I figured you would! I know you want me to call as early as I can when I get to SLC, but I don't know if I can pull that off. They have recommended that we call you in Chicago since we have more time and aren't rushing to get to our flight/check in baggage. If I have time when we get to SLC I will definitely call, but it may not happen til later. Sorry daddy! We land in Chicago at like 10:45 and leave at like 1:15, so I will call in between then. Any preference of when I should call? 11:30, 12? I know it's an inconvenience for you guys if I call later. Also, mom could you send me a dear elder on monday with everyone's numbers? I may be able to call lindsey and kellie as well :) We'll see! Pretty much I have like an hour to pack on monday, so I will most likely pack some today.

Things have been awesome here as usual and I'm learning so much! Some of the time I don't even feel the Spirit because it's just constantly here! There have been some absolutely outstanding lessons and moments here that have such overpowered me with the Spirit and God's love, and have let me know that I am meant to be here! I love the devotionals and firesides! No apostles, but we've had two 70's (Golden and Kartoffel), and some guys who are like in charge of the missionary department or the mtc stuff. My hand hurts so much because I'm trying to write so many notes down! Thank goodness for paper! Things have been good here and I know the Lord is hearing my prayers. It has gotten a little easier with the comp because I am working so hard on having patience and love for her! There are still a lot of times that I just want to be like "really?"' But I've made it through alive and I can't believe it! I thought time would go so slow here with her, but it has flown by and I've learned a lot. Our lessons have been getting better slowly but surely and I'm getting more confident in what I think. I tell her things that I have problems with and that we need to work without being so scared like I used to be. I'm also more confident in what I'm learning and the knowledge I have, and I feel like I can guide the lesson and say what I need to in a better way! I still have a long way to go though!

It's scary to think that I'll be working with real people soon, but I'm so excited! We had in-field orientation yesterday and it was so good. It was all about what to expect, how to teach, knowing your investigators, etc. People said it was really cheesy and parts of it were, but honestly, I learned so much and it made me so excited to get out there. I loved learning all of that yesterday! And, I met 3 of the missionaries that have been in the district videos. My favorite sister was there and I talked to her and told her how much she helped me in my progress leading up to the MTC. She said I looked so happy/glowing and that I would be amazing! It made me feel good :P I love my teachers because they are absolutely amazing!! They love all of us, want to help us progress and succeed, and make it really hard for us so that we come up to the level that they know we can reach. They have helped me so much and I'm so glad that I have them. Also, my district is ze best!!!! haha I never realized that you could get so close and love 19 year old boys as much as I love them! They have their moments and so do we, but we have way too much fun together! We may or may not have gotten chastized by different people because we are having a good time together!! Oh, and they all love you mom!! They call you momma higgins and think you are pretty much the best! They all get so annoyed, but excited when I get so much mail (especially packages) cause they want to see what you've sent me! haha Everyone loved the Padro popcorn!! Thank you so much for sending that! That was a total surprise! I ate too much of it though! :) I've seen so many people here that I know, so I'm glad you're getting stalker updates for me! Just know that I'm doing well though and although I'm dead tired, I am absolutely loving it! It's hard work for sure, but I can already how I'm benefitting from it! Just in case you didn't know...the church is true!!! :) I love you all and miss you!!!!!

I went to the Brigham City Temple Dedication at 9 on Sunday and it was so cool to be in the MTC for a temple dedication with so many missionaries! The spirit was so strong there! I loved it, and thanks to Sister Coats I had a white hankie! They turned all the lights out though and that probably wasn't smart because so many people were falling asleep! I will admit there was a time when I almost lost it! I had the best head jerk ever!! Definitely the best one I've ever done! haha Good thing I was in the 2nd row so everyone could see!

Um, what else! I can't remember anything else right now! I'm trying to write things down to tell you, but I can't remember everything! Hopefully I've answered your questions for now! I don't know when my p-day will be next week or if I will have one because who knows what will happen when I get there. Just look for an email though sometime and know that I will be dying of humidity and tiredness!! Here's some pictures for you to look at and gaze at my beauty!! :P

                                     
                                           Me with my MTC companion - Sister VanOrman

                                     
Our district in the MTC

District leader - he's awesome!
 
Our first real investigators in trc (portraying less actives, we got them to go back to church! Best lesson we've done by far- the spirit was amazing!)

Our room door

The girls in our district

A message on the board from our teachers (and one back from us!)
 
Miss you all sooooo much, but I love you even more!!!!! Thanks for supporting me in this journey!!! It's so worth it and amazing!!! Love you!!!! Love, Sister Higgins
 

No comments:

Post a Comment